Brake Conversion

Bubba

Petrolheads
Just had a brainwave for a long way off, but how would i go about upgrading my back drums to discs and perhaps my front brakes to turbo calipers? Is it a major job?

You will need the rear axle off a car with rear disks. Brake lines etc etc

The front calipers I think will bolt straight on.

Front will bolt on. You don't need to replace the rear axle. You will need the rear brakes complete, inc handbrake cables and hose's.

John

Thanks for the advice lads, when i bolt on the front 4-pots will i need to use turbo discs or will my current discs be ok?

Sound! I wont be doing the 4-pot conversion for a while coz i just threw in new pads last night. i wanna get my moneys worth out of them first! :D

all you have to do is get rear hubs wit as he sed :lolpoint: brake lines hoses ect,you can get them from the scrappy lad in longford but make sure there in good nick mine werent the abs ring was smashed to bits cos 1 of the studs was knocked threw,and if your doin the conversion yourself put a day aside cos youl have to strip the interior to get at the handbrake lines and have a breaker bar handy for the axle nut found out all this hard way and still havent been able to do the conversion cos to replace the abs ring you have to press out the bearing and its like 130 from c&r for a new bearing and an abs ring is 90 sorry for the rant but i know alot about this subject and it wrecks my head having most of the bits siting there and not being able to do it,good look wit yours though ha

Back