suspension

J

johnroake

just wondering, i have a 96 jap wrx, can u switch the sti suspension setup straight onto a wrx or is there something u have to do in order for it to fit.

mine fits into that cat so. is there much of a difference. cos i i have a 97 sti suspension ready to go into my 96wrx. and is it a big job.

There's a differance alright. It's srae forward enough. Biggest problem with the classics is the brake lines don't just clip away from the suspensoin like the new age. One of the trades would have it done in no time for you. Unless you can bleed brakes your self as you have to remove the brake lines on a classic if I remember right.

I recently done a set on a 96 WRX and you dont have to open or remove the brake lines. They are held onto the shock by a clip. If the current shocks are aftermarket they may have been fed through a hole and tied in place but other than that its as easy job.

With the right tools about 2 hours work. :thumbsup:

cool guys, thanks for your help, ill try get cracking on that.

I did wet patches STi a will ago and fitted Coilover and I had to cut the bracket as it was feed through but as he wasn't looking to use them again we just cut the brackets. But if we where going to keep them in tacked we would have had to remove them.

Let us know how you get on.

:thumbsup: :subaru: Other then that it's only 5 nuts and 2 bolts holding the Suspension on in all corners. 3 nuts upper and 2 bolts and nuts lower.

Back