New Issues! Help

MrMagoo

Middle Lane Hogs
For the love of all thats holy!

I bought my old Subaru Back off the lad that I sold it to, and there was a whining from 5th Gear, sent it in to get fixed and this was the only issue with the car, now the gearbox is fixed, I drove it home, and the clutch is juddering like mad, nothing like when I sent it in. It was perfect before getting the box done. The mechanic said Oh yeah I was going to ask you did you want to fit a new clutch. I said why would I, it was grand when i sent it in.

Sent car in with gammy gearbox and perfect clutch, came out with perfect gearbox and gammy clutch??

Where do I stand with this sort of crap.

Cheers
Eoin

So is there any reason why the clutch would be acting up now when it was perfect when the car was going in??

could the problem be in the gearbox...like play in the input shaft or like!!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:
did the mechanic say he had a look at the clutch or not????

No he said nothing, I just dropped it down to him there, he will throw it up on the ramp and have a look, I suppose what im worried about is hell catch me for a new clutch when there was shag all wrong with it when i brought it in.

Did he bolt the gearbox back on correctly? Something out of line maybe?

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=12282.msg148742#msg148742 date=1233054537]
So is there any reason why the clutch would be acting up now when it was perfect when the car was going in??
[/quote]

Seen it before, heavy handed chaps refitting box and damaged the spigot bearing

John

He said I dunno its your clutch, I dont know what happened he said.
I said, but how the fu*k is the clutch gone now, it was fine going into you?

What can I do??

Sorry to be bothering ye folks, im just wondering what my rights are in this case.??

Anybody have any idea what I should say or do in order to resolve this issue without paying more bloody money??

Cheers
Eoin

Hello Mr Magoo,

As Johnny said it may be a bearing or alignment issue :doh:

I have seen this fault with customer's trucks delivered to us for "rectification work" from other garages before (On two occasions) :doh:

Tell them that you are not happy with the job and that you need the box removed again, for inspection :thumbsup:

When they remove the box, you will have to inspect the fitment and take it from there..... :thumbsup:

I would not pay for the removal again until I saw the box out and assessed the problem :thumbsup:

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

If they do not want to do this, I would question their level of customer support and re-think the situation :ponder:

Cheers,

Michael

Many thanks Michael and Johnny

I suppose ll have to ask him to remove the box again, and have a look. is it possible for the clutch t just up and become fucked in the space of a few days with the gearbox out and the car not being driven or am i nuts??

Thsi is driving me nuts and really cant afford to fork out for a new clutch especially when there was nothing wrong when I put it in for the box to be done.

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=12282.msg148967#msg148967 date=1233087590]
Many thanks Michael and Johnny

I suppose ll have to ask him to remove the box again, and have a look. is it possible for the clutch t just up and become fucked in the space of a few days with the gearbox out and the car not being driven or am i nuts??

Thsi is driving me nuts and really cant afford to fork out for a new clutch especially when there was nothing wrong when I put it in for the box to be done.
[/quote]

Hello MrMagoo,

It you had a clutch failure at the same time .... it would be a fairly weird coincidence IMO ..... without the garage letting you know while fitting the box back in :ponder:

They should remove the box & inspect the clutch, bearing, fitment, etc.... FOC :thumbsup:

If they do not, they are not customer orientated and should not be used again IMO :ponder:

With the way business is at the moment, ALL suppliers should have the customers concerns up on the top of their list of priorities :thumbsup:

Please let me know how you get on :subaru:

Cheers,

Michael
PS Regardless of the economic climate..... Our company would do this check FOC if the job was done in our Workshop :thumbsup:

Cheers Michael. and believe me for future reference i wont be going back,

Im just wondering how to word what i need to say tomorrow without loosing the plot and nutting the prat.
What should i say for maximum effect and to get the best result??

No point in being fussy just be honest and say that you are not happy with the work that was carried out by the garage and want them to take the box back off and have it inspected foc otherwise you'll be getting onto the the consumer rights agency to seek further advice :thumbsup:

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=12282.msg148995#msg148995 date=1233091409]
Then nut him
[/quote]

@ Keith..... LOL :lol:

Hello Mr Magoo,

Bring the car back, tell him you are not happy with it, since the gearbox fitment & that as a PAID Customer you need a second inspection of your car UNDER WARRANTY :thumbsup:

Please let me know how you get on :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=12282.msg148995#msg148995 date=1233091409]
Then nut him
[/quote] good man Keith I like your way of thinkin :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=12282.msg148807#msg148807 date=1233069955]
[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=12282.msg148742#msg148742 date=1233054537]
[/quote]

Seen it before, heavy handed chaps refitting box and damaged the spigot bearing

John
[/quote]

the spiggot bearing being the bearing on the flywheel... and yes possibile and would cause serious judder.. Only a e15 part and with labour cost i would have advised to customer to have replaced.

but if damaged whilst box being put back in even a new one would have been damaged if heavy handed....

lads seem to think the cheapest price possibile is best service.. can be very costly in long run....... :naughty: :naughty:

Hey Dave

Believe me it wasnt the cheapest price, he is good at what he does and has always looked after my imprezas, but this is just taking the piss.

Back