NEED SERIOUS HELP LADS,

Turbo Tony

Petrolheads
car is seriously over boosting,
boosting at 1.5 bar,
the turbo cuts out then back in, like intermittin boost or something.
now my turbo has started to spool but
the turbo whistle noise has gone real high pitched.

something is wrong here an i need it fixed ASAP,
only peoblem,
iv no job so very little money.

HELP  :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

probably a problem with your actuator but thats not from experience or anything just from what ive read..you need technical help I know but il i can do is make a suggestion..could a hose from the wastegate as well

My turbo gives off a high-pitched whistle too when boosting tony, but only at 1.3 bar (i usually drive her at 0.6) so if youre fooked I'm fooked :icon_omg:

I think you get a smell if it's a blown turbo.

Was your car mapped since you got it tony. Was the ECU in that car not mapped for bigger power then you have in your STi engine now.

I'd get her mapped ASAP if it hasn't as it can only be doing bad things to you engine.

Get it looked at by one of the traders and get it mapped.

From a lay persons point of view, your turbo doesn't know when to stop boosting!
So I'm guessing a pipe off or loose between your turbo and your actuator
also there is a bar connecting your actuator to the wastegate (which regulates boost)
Have a look and see if there is anything loose!
Best of luck
Dan

By the way, I'm sure it's nothing serious, But don't drive her hard, you will melt a piston or blown your turbo
If the turbo goes it sound like small nuts and bolts rattling small pipe and or lots of smoke from the exhaust!
Dan

Didn't you swap exhausts with Noel? Don't forget you've gone from two cats to none and you should really be looking at a re-map after something like that! :ponder:

Get that WRX ECU out dude and get the proper STi one for your engine....................

OH you've just decat'd
That'll do it alright,
You need to get her mapped asap,
Davelegacy has Bob Rawle over in two weeks, get her booked in and drive her gentley till then,
There is no way around it dude,
I know you probably weren't banking on spending more cash on her but at least she'll be flying after,
Dan

exactly you should not be driving a unmapped decatted car your asking for trouble..chances are you've w@nked your turbo already..how long you been driving it like that?

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=12246.msg148493#msg148493 date=1233002926]
exactly you should not be driving a unmapped decatted car your asking for trouble..chances are you've w@nked your turbo already..how long you been driving it like that?
[/quote]

I think he changed it on Saturday but I reckon there was maybe a little bit of spirited driving since the change... :icon_rolleyes:

[quote author=RoB4 link=topic=12246.msg148515#msg148515 date=1233004794]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=12246.msg148493#msg148493 date=1233002926]
[/quote]

I think he changed it on Saturday but I reckon there was maybe a little bit of spirited driving since the change... :icon_rolleyes:
[/quote]

unlucky..your told to drive without any boost before the map when you decat..boost spikes all over the place

What make is your boost gauge?
Ive a DEFI boost gauge and it just about hits 1.5 Bar. Ive been told DEFI read high and in reality it is only boosting at approx 1.35 Bar
Does sound like your hitting fuel cut though.
Happened in my Glanza turbo when it boosted above .95 Bar so had a bleed valve to manually adjust boost.

[quote author=Matt link=topic=12246.msg148527#msg148527 date=1233005362]
What make is your boost gauge?
Ive a DEFI boost gauge and it just about hits 1.5 Bar. Ive been told DEFI read high and in reality it is only boosting at approx 1.35 Bar
Does sound like your hitting fuel cut though.
Happened in my Glanza turbo when it boosted above .95 Bar so had a bleed valve to manually adjust boost.

[/quote]
this sounds like it,
dunno why but its like it jus dies off for a sec then comes back on boost,

only fitted the exhaust on saturday, havent been in boost much to be honest.

The car is over boosting as a result of decating it...ecu is then fuel cutting as a result of over boosting, thats the dien sensation your getting... get mapped asap or you will fuk up engine, as atempery measure, remove the restrictor olive out of vacum piping going to turbo or actuator, pipe should have a white mark to indicate where the olive is, best just put another vacum pipe on, this should hold boost between .5 and .8 i think. when getting mapped have olive back in.. This just to get you out do Tony, if you down around i will do it for ya would only take couple mins :thumbsup:

Back