ez36 conversion

azerp

Sunday Drivers
hows it going lads have just started me ez36 out of the tribeca engine conversion into a sti version4 has the same mounting points as the ej20 but the wiring is defo out of me league going to reloacte the turbo as it wont fit underneath the bonnet would any of you lads recommend a good garage to get the wiring done cheers for any feed back

i would think you could be looking at a trip to uk there, or at least getting info from it, i dont think anyone here would be able or at least commit themselves to doing that, you defo will need the engine loom out of tribeca tingy i would tink, actually the more i think i dnt know where youd start, best of luck with it, will you have to relocate rad to outside front panel?

I would be very interested in this and have done a good few unusual jobs conversion's. PM me your number, and we can chat. There are a good few different ways to go about this.

John

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=12234.msg148177#msg148177 date=1232928043]
I would be very interested in this and have done a good few unusual jobs conversion's. PM me your number, and we can chat. There are a good few different ways to go about this.

John
[/quote]

@ John: azerp is not a full member and wont be able to PM you. He might e-mail you instead :thumbsup:

What would the benifits be in having an ez36 over he ej20 engine other then the 3.2ltrs? What bhp are they etc?

sounds good johnny hopefully have me membership in tomorrow i have a sti v6 limited as well but wanna keep that standard picked up a v4 in england with a blown engine for this project think. standard ez36 horsepower is 256 its a 3.6 litre v6 no turbocharger had to modify the rear engine mount i have the loom of it and ecu

having the loom is the main bit.

from there, work installing it to v4 and wiring that needs taken care of thereafter.

very interesting project..

why do you wanna go down this road......??

as in power wise options to the v4 is endless...

the custom man hours makes this project negitive but otherwise very interesting...........

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

just thought it would be cool to have a flat six impreza was going to fit the ej25 but heard the torque fiqure is huge with ez36 turbocharged i have the engine fitted temp of course gonna be a good bit of work its going to be a long term project so any advice over the next couple of months would be most appreciated

Fair play man!
3.6 litre scooby! :icon_pray:
Please keep us posted on your progress,
I'm sure you can Google the maximum safe power output of them, I'd imagen the guts of 400bhp and at least A Million lb/ft, and instant spool up!
Would you not at least swap out the pistons for forged ones and that'll give you a bigger max power limit!
Dan

This sounds very very interesting.
I can only imagine the sound of that engine on boost :icon_lol: :smokin:
Best of luck with it and try take some pics during the project for us to drool over :thumbsup:

will do lads yeah swapping the internals have to see how me budget holds up gonna do most the mechanical my self .thought i would have me membersahip today will post up photos soon as. it will hold a 436 hp with standard internals couldnt find torque figures

are they a non turbo engine as standard, and if they are would you have to put low compression pistons to get to run decent boost levels? Would they be a much slower reving engine than 2.5 and what wil the rev limit be?

The 3.6 has a very long stroke, about 91mm compared to 79mm on the EJ25 and the 75mm on the EJ20,
and has a similar bore to the EJ20
So I'd imagine the 6 cylinders would get her spinning up quickly off the mark, and the very long stroke would mean disproportionally huge torque figure,
If we take it that the rev limit of the EJ20 is say 8,000rpm, and the EJ25 is maybe 7,500rpm then you could guess that teh EZ36 would be safe to maybe 6,000rpm
But I'm sure if there is beefed up internals going in, she rev alot higher!

I think the EZ36 is a fantastic job! :clap: :clap:
Dan

Be very interesting to hear end results, is ther many of these conversions in uk? Are you planing onit just being a track car or road car?

howya ken its gonna be for abit of both only one i seen is on i club it was done for the sema show the type r ready yet any pics

have no offical weight figures yet for the engine. at the moment just modifying and strengthing the engine bay hit a glich the conrods are very thin so will defo have to fit a forged set.
have lad from a metal fabricators we use from kilkey coming down to mock up a set of headers for the turbo.hopefully try keep everything as thight as possible as i will have the cooling system to to do as well.hopefully eveything is mocked up in the next couple of months or so

Typer has engine inand running, hopefully i will have a pic or 2 in nxt week or so.

Back