putting in a window

J

johnroake

just wondering how hard it would be to put in a drivers side window in a classic wrx, would i need to go to a garage or could i do it.
how do you do it?

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=12140.msg146880#msg146880 date=1232556007]
handy stuff john!!!!
have a go urself mate!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

what i do, take out the card and lay the window in

No sure whats involved but it's not that dear in auto glass for them to fit class that you bring in.

i would recomend not to do it yourself. i did mine on the leggy after the scum broke my drivers side glass and it was a pain to do. some of the glasses have more mounting holes ten you will need so it can be trial and error but once you have done one its much easier the next time :hammerhead:

havent done a subaru before but done hundreds of other window replacements....
most windows only have two bolts holding them to the regulator.....
and because theres no frame to the door,it should be easier to put into the rails...

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=12140.msg147066#msg147066 date=1232578562]
havent done a subaru before but done hundreds of other window replacements....
most windows only have two bolts holding them to the regulator.....
and because theres no frame to the door,it should be easier to put into the rails...
[/quote]
the new glass i got for my car had 4 holes :ponder2: :ponder2:......not sure if this is the usual but it took me a few combinations to get it right. if the existing glass is in one piece its not too bad but in my case the window was broke so had to take the passenger door card off to see how it was in place.
also the bolts that hold the window reg in place have some play in them so might be a good idea to mark their position against the bodywork cause if there out of line a small bit the glass can be out of position where it meets the rubber at the top, frameless doors are nice but if the window is off a small bit it looks sh1t and lets in the rain

they can be a pain to get rid of the wind noise, if you pop the top window rubber off its easier to see how it works. its fairly straight forward. :thumbsup:

Back