Knocking noise in the back

mark_2104

Sunday Drivers
Just picked up the new car today and noticed when i go around a corner slowly that there is a loud noise coming from it. Like a knocking noise coming from it. Its seems to be louder when you turn right dont know if that makes any difference. Is that the diff im hearing??? Is this normal?

Is it an Impreza with DCCD?

If so you have to drive it when driving slow with the roller at the back or if it's a new age with DCCD in the auto position, because if its forward it locks the diffs and when turning they will knock.

Another model, doesn't matter what it is. It's not normal and needs looking at by the garage you bought it from.

[quote author=mark_2104 link=topic=12126.msg146546#msg146546 date=1232478684]
99 legacy B4 manual
[/quote]

Not normal, Bring it back and get the Garage to look at it. If you get no joy demand your money back.

Could be top mounts, Diff, Drop links, A loose wheel if they had put new wheels on and did tell you to tighten the nuts after 30 miles. Could be loads of thing. Give it back to them and don't take it back until they sort it. If they cann't get your money back.

I think you still have rights as you just bought it.

cv joint!!!
is it a knock or a click????
IMO....you have only yourself to blame mate!!!
did you roadtest before buying it???
why save on price at the expense of the warranty!!!!!
:wall: :wall:
sold as seen=tough sh1t!!!

If I hear without warranty I would run a mile unless I brought it into the deal for a lower price. But I would have had her looked at if I had noticed anything while test driving her. Did you test drive her?

test drove it even had an engineer out to look at it. Tested it for cv joints and all but no noise then i take it for spin today no prob. But when i get it home it starts?!?

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=12126.msg146556#msg146556 date=1232479312]
I think they have to give u 3 months. Could also be shocks.
[/quote]

dont think its the case kanye!!!
up to the seller!!!
if you negotiate a price factoring no warranty....then you need your head examined!!!!

mark!!!
i heard of that before with my brother-in-law when he bought his 00 b4....
everything was cool,drove from ballymount to drogheda with no problems...
parked at my house and we went for a little drive....first corner he took with me passenger and i thought the whole passenger side suspension fell off....
the balljoint disconnected....yet he swore no noise after driving 40/50 miles!!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=12126.msg146562#msg146562 date=1232479628]
[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=12126.msg146556#msg146556 date=1232479312]
I think they have to give u 3 months. Could also be shocks.
[/quote]

dont think its the case kanye!!!
up to the seller!!!
if you negotiate a price factoring no warranty....then you need your head examined!!!!

[/quote]

Thats true Mark but if I had a car looked at and every thing was ok and I really wanted it but it was out of my price range I would think about it. Most problems I have ever had with car came after owning it for more then three months but there is alot to be said for having one.

I've never done it though.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
know what you mean eric!!!!
i just would never take the chance,too many rogue dealers looking for the quick buck!!!
i suppose its a risk/gamble....win some /lose some

Does it only happen when the car is hot after driving for over a half hour?? If so, then its most likely the viscous diff in the gearbox is f**ked... Are you around dublin? I'd be able to tell you straight away, has happened to me twice and that noise and feeling is engrained in me, makes me sick every time...

On a seperate note, you have a 3 month engine and gearbox warranty, its the law... Ring consumer affairs on 1890 432 432, they are very helpful and friendly.. They'll steer you in the right direction :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sweetcakes: Im on the northside of dublin if you wana have a look at it i would greatly appreciate it. Just been out in it for awhile and its pretty much constant now once taking a corner slow below 20kph you'll hear it knocking. Where do i stand if it says no warranty on reciept?? I know alot of ppl on this are prob saying serves me right but i test drove it along with a qualified mechanic that i paid money for to come out and look at it and still no noise coming from it. But today after i bring it home the knocking starts??

Back