dccd conversion

You have to change gearbox and diffs and drive shafts i think. Crazy money. Cheaper to change your car probably.
Think the drive split is 60 front and 40 rear on a non DCCD car. And 64 rear/ 36 front on a DCCD car but this is then adjustable :thumbsup:

wit the diff controller the drive can be put to the back? is it bad to do drifting or dounuts in a scooby once in a while can they handle it

With A DCCD car the power is split 64% to the rear under normal conditions with the diff in the off position.
When wet or icy out you can move the control forward, giving upto 50% power to the front wheels but at the same time locking the diff so that all wheels turn at exactly the same speed.
On ice, snow or gravel this gives massive grip but on dry tarmac it can damage the diff and shouldnt be used at low speeds especially parking etc.
Its ok to lock the diff at high speed on a straight rd though for extra stability.

A car with DCCD is more able to do doghnuts alright or power slides but it isnt recomended unless you have a baffled sump.
If you dont , you can starve the engine of oil. :thumbsup:

thats the job thanks for the info :thumbsup: if i had a doner type r would i have to change the whole wireloom from the donor car along with gearbox and drive shafts i am just courious to see if it can be done

A cheaper way to make a scooby more tail happy is
Leave the standard front anti roll bar in,
Put a 24mm whiteline rear anti roll bar in,
Adjust your front camber to max negitive camber, it will be somewhere around 1.5 - 2 deg neg
Better still, get a set of white camber adjustment bolts, and go for 2.5 deg neg camber on the front, harder on the tyres but cheaper than a gearbox!
Done! and very cheap! Worth a try before you go spending all your money!
After that, go for a good rear diff, 1.5 way is best all rounder, 2 way for serious arse out stuff!

Regarding dohnuts, Scoobies don't like dohnuts because they suffer from oil starvation when subjected to constant lateral g forces, (the oil goes up one side of the sump and is not sucked up the oil pick up and the engine runs dry for a time!)
The fix is fit a baffled sump! but that is quite pricey, a cosworth baffle plate is a happy medium! and not to pricey!

That's it really! as far as I am aware! I hope all of the above is acurate, I'm sure some one will correct if needs be!
Have fun!
Dan

Im not 100% on whats involved but in a type R you have a sort of DCCD brain which controls it via the thumb wheel beside the handbrake.
I think it would be cheaper to buy a type R and keep it or a type RA if you want a 4 door.
Forester STi enquired to sti tuning about doing this mod on his 2006 forester sti.
He was told it is possible but involves an awful lot of modifications and wasnt worth it.
Best contact Dave legacy at Sti tuning for a definite on it :thumbsup:

There you are Dan. :thumbsup: Pressed the post button even though it said somebody else posted while i was writing :hammerhead:

Same here, When I went to post that there were 2 more posts!
Dan

it is possible to wire the origonal controller in, but one of the aftermarket controllers is a lot easier. in the current climate you would prob buy a type r near as cheap as you would convert your own. as dan said if your going to give it sideways, get a sump baffle :thumbsup:

I've done a conversion on a 95 wrx, put in a type r box, but without the controller, gonna put in an aftermarket controller cause its alot easier to fit. without the controller she runs a 70/30 split to the rear and is very tail happy.

But to do the conversion you need the box, rear diff, rear shafts, rear hubs, rear discs, rear calipers.

Does cost a pretty penny, just depends how attached ya are to your car!

Cheaper and easier to buy a type-r / type-ra

you would pick up a type r box for round 5r600, rear diff 320 :icon_grin: , rear shafts 130each,
hubs iv no idea and the brakes i guess round 250ish.

if your holding onto the car, itd probly be worthwhile, if not i wouldnt bother.

All of the above would be much stronger on the type r, and 2 pot rear calipers
Dan

Back