absolutlysideways

right so ive been preparing for mapping on the 27th

by the end of the week ill have :

engine oil changed
Ngk iridium 8's
gearbox oil changed
oil filter changed
power enterprise timing belt including tensioners & pullys
Cosworth billet timing belt guide that replaces the standard plastic guide and prevents the timing belt from skipping
Apexi GT spec downpipe
Walbro fuel pump

its getting ecutek'd by andy forrest on the 27th and i only have the standard dump valve on it at the moment...what boost can it take?1.3 on standard dump valve?

yea,ive a 20g to go on but not sure i wanna put that on til i have money for ppg gearbox
but standard vf28 at the moment

If your getting mapped now stick the bigger turbo on now,and get mapped for that now,your box will handle power till around the 400bhp mark....
And iam nearly sure you should be ok with relativaly high boost on a standard dump valve.... :thumbsup:

I would get the turbo fitted now and get it mapped with that on.

what model is your car? this will tell injector size?

iridium 8's are over kill. You have NO mention fuel pump or fuel regulator prior to remap.

above will be ok if its new age sti but still need walbro.........

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=12038.msg145472#msg145472 date=1232241199]

iridium 8's are over kill. You have NO mention fuel pump or fuel regulator prior to remap.

[/quote]its a ver 5 type R
if you look at first post you will see i have a walbro pump in it
wont need a regulator without a new turbo will i?
8's might be overkill but they will do the same job

[quote author=absolutlysideways link=topic=12038.msg145540#msg145540 date=1232285298]

[/quote]

no sorry read it too quick the first time. Yes with just a decat on your v5 vf28 factory reg and walbro will cope no problem. :subaru:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=12038.msg145582#msg145582 date=1232290609]
[quote author=absolutlysideways link=topic=12038.msg145540#msg145540 date=1232285298]

[/quote]

no sorry read it too quick the first time. Yes with just a decat on your v5 vf28 factory reg and walbro will cope no problem. :subaru:

[/quote]well theres a nurspec on there too but im safe enough...once theres no boost leak from the stock bov at 1.3 bar

i would say you would need a catch can, and also new injectors 550 should do the job ,

but then also what clutch do u have and when u put the 20g on it will it take the extra power ?

The oil catch can will clear up any det issues due to oil blowback mixing with the intake air and reducing the octane. It happened to my 03 WRX and no matter how much octane booster I put into it Andy Forrest said the ecu was reading much lower octane levels than he expected the octane booster (lucas) to have produced. He reckoned the oil catch can would eliminate this problem and as they are not that expensive I think it would be as well to get one.

Your injectors should be fine on the original turbo but they will not supply sufficient fuel if you upgrade to a TD05 20g turbo.

A Green or STI panel filter would also be a good thing to fit before mapping.

Also consider fitting a 3 port boost solenoid and Dawes Device to control boost (strictly speaking neither are necessary but gives your mapper greater control over boost than on the ECU alone. Andy Forrest especially likes to map cars which have the Dawes Device as he swears by them and says he can control boost far more effectively with a Dawes Device than on the ECU alone).

PFR8's will cause your car to run a bit lumpy after starting up especially in cold weather or heavy city driving. PFR7's are the ones to go for.

Frawls

upon fitting a new turbo,is it then up to the mapper to tune up or will there be need for a premap tweaking..... :ponder2: :ponder2

Back