Spark plugs?

collieno

Petrolheads
What spark plugs should i be using for my type r impreza? Denso iridiums? If so is it IK22 or IK20 does anybody know?

Thanks

i use ngk laser platinium heat range 7, most lads in this club use ngk as far as i know, if i was you i would stick with ngk :thumbsup:

As above or if you dont mind spending a little more(100euro) get some NGK Irridium plugs heat rating 7. Put them in mine about 3k ago and very happy with them. :thumbsup:

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=12024.msg145232#msg145232 date=1232195571]
as mark said, use ngk. Pfr7b. Densos done last in subarus
[/quote]

I have Denso IK's and VK's in very many Subaru's, inc the 3rd place Time Attack Impreza. I've been using them for 5 years on customer car's, inc a good few on this forum, and never had a problem. I also use them in Evo's, Cosworth's, V-tec's, Skyline's, etc.

John

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=12024.msg145495#msg145495 date=1232272566]
[quote author=briancollins link=topic=12024.msg145232#msg145232 date=1232195571]
as mark said, use ngk. Pfr7b. Densos done last in subarus
[/quote]

I have Denso IK's and VK's in very many Subaru's, inc the 3rd place Time Attack Impreza. I've been using them for 5 years on customer car's, inc a good few on this forum, and never had a problem. I also use them in Evo's, Cosworth's, V-tec's, Skyline's, etc.

John
[/quote]

I've had problems with them.

So have a lot of people had problems with Denso. Stick with NGK.

I have the PFR7B here for €55 euro :thumbsup:

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=12024.msg145534#msg145534 date=1232284507]
What problems,

John
[/quote]

There pure crap, numerous reports of exploding insulators, dissapearing tips etc. if they handed them out free I would not use them. PFR7B is a better plug for these cars. The IK01-24 are suppose to be good but never used them and there very expensive.

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=12024.msg145533#msg145533 date=1232284367]
I'll have to get a set from you Damo, have you many in stock?
[/quote]

Yeah no worries plenty here.

Damo

I said IK's and VK's, thats what I use, did not read the post. I didn't say anything negative about NGK.

As for expensive, I can match your price.

Broken tips and cracked insulators are a sign of detonation, and/or incorrect heat range.

John

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=12024.msg145546#msg145546 date=1232285773]
I said IK's and VK's, thats what I use, did not read the post. I didn't say anything negative about NGK.

As for expensive, I can match your price.

Broken tips and cracked insulators are a sign of detonation, and/or incorrect heat range.

John
[/quote]

Well you keep using them so John, I wouldent use Denso as I have said.

Damo

I use d densos in my race scooby for the whole year no probs at all had Ngk 8s and these caused a slight misfire a high revs even with a Msd ,put in The densos and no misfire .I had had ngk racing 8s that would not of happen but they are more than twice the price on standard ird 8s.. As john said its all down to det and mapping . As john is actually an engineer and a engine builder i would take his advice over your Damo sorry. And the fact the Subaru sell these them selfs and use them there rally cars speaks for its self ..

Philip

Back