spacers

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
jus investigating at the min,so

if a lad was lookin at a set of alloys that did NOT clear the brembo,s could spacers be used as so they would clear .

02 bug sti , wat alloy/tyre size would be "best" in your opinion

wats the biggest/widest in your opinion that i could get away with, conditions of roads not being a factor !

not sure about widths etc, but if you are gonna go with spacers, make sure you go the whole hog and get lengthened wheel studs too, im sure theres a thread on here somewhere showing what happens if you dont.. :wall: :icon_cry:

If you need Spacers I have a set that where on my car when I bought it so as the tenzo R's that where on it could clear the wheels. They where 7x17"

On a newage STi you should really go with 7.5 to 8 x 17 to 18"

If you want them though they are yours.

245/40/18" on a 18X8" wheel with and offset of 30mm
or use 15mm H&R bolt on spacers with standard wheels to get the same offset!
I'm putting 20mm H&R spacers on the forester shortly!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=11983.msg144858#msg144858 date=1232065348]
245/40/18" on a 18X8" wheel with and offset of 30mm
or use 15mm H&R bolt on spacers with standard wheels to get the same offset!
I'm putting 20mm H&R spacers on the forester shortly!
Dan

h&r kit is really good quality, but still have a fear of spacers. my 205 has 25mm on it. :doh: but its only slightly heavier than a bag of crisps, so should be ok

cheers for replys lads , im jus window shopping at the min . im goin down the 18x8 or 18x8.5 ,

@marko i remember it alright , but dont intend givin the scoob that kind of abuse
@ eric :thumbsup: for offer , have some karma

Do not use spacers that have lenghtened studs. You can use spacers up to 6mm with standard studs, but if you want to go any more than 10mm, get the type Dan has, from H&R or Eibach. The bolt to the hub, and the wheel is bolted to the spacer,

John

If I was keeping the STi I would put on Speedline corse turini 8x18". They sit great on the Bug new age. Have a look at JohnM's car with them on.

10.jpg

Subaru1.jpg

Subaru2.jpg

"This beautiful JDM prodrive style STi is for sale by the way if anyone is interested. 100% original car. PM johnM for details."

The 8.5 x 18 wheel will only go onto the 05- model STi as it as the arch shaved for the wider track.

The RB for instance has the 8.5x18" wheel.

With Brembo's the inner diameter of the wheel is an issue too.

Factory 17's just clear them. Many others don't.

Spacers won't help you with this issue.

the cars over on nasioc would give a dog a horn , rota g-force is one of the top contenders and will clear brembo's , so no spacers needed!!

@eric wat size are u running now ??

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=11983.msg144928#msg144928 date=1232101781]
Do not use spacers that have lenghtened studs. You can use spacers up to 6mm with standard studs, but if you want to go any more than 10mm, get the type Dan has, from H&R or Eibach. The bolt to the hub, and the wheel is bolted to the spacer,

John
[/quote]

My mistake! I meant dont just use the original studs!

right lads , if i have 225/45 r17 tyres , wat size is the alloy its wraped around ?????

Go for 8x17" If you want to stick with the 17" Wheel but I'd recommend 8x18" wheels with 225 40 R18 or 235 40 R18 Tyres.

Just bought 8x18" wheels myself. Collecting them on Friday.

My 20mm bolt on spacers are ariving today or tomorrow!
I'm using them with standard offset 8X18" and 234/45/18
You can try my spacers on if you like!
The newage alway looks like it could easily use a wider track!
Dan

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=11983.msg157839#msg157839 date=1234959764]
right lads , if i have 225/45 r17 tyres , what size is the alloy its wraped around ?????
[/quote]

this is wat i have at the minute on car , jus wonderin wat size wheel i have :dontknow:

@ eric , im goin down the 18' road , just wanna see how wide i can go ! roll the archs maybe , ideally im lookin for the concave look like on nasioc 18x 8.5 or 18x9, dont know how fesibale this is and thats why im askin ?? should i stick to 17' and go as wide as possible ??

@ dan , cheers for the offer , had a similar one of eric , so karma to both of yous ,

financally , im nowhere near, but no harm in havin the knowledge :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

i have inch spacers there your more than welcome to try them :thumbsup: ...dont need them with my new wheels ........they bolt onto the hub and then the wheel bolts onto the spacer.

There you go macmac!
You should get your hands on them and see if they fit without having to modify your arches! I have a spare set of 18X7.5" wheels with 235/40/18 tyres you can try with them!
If you are around naas, We'll get the 25mm spacers of TommyM and we'll have my 20mm spacers and I have 18X8 with 235/45/18s and 18X7.5 with 235/40/18 here
We can try a few combinations at my gaf if you like!
If the 18X7.5 fit no bother with a 25mm spacer then 18X9.5s should bolt straight on and you'd fit 265 wide tyres without any spacers!
Dan

@ tommyM , cheers for the offer , might jus take u up on it , karma in post :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@ dan . thats an offer and a half, would be great to see , a couple of different size wheel/tyre combinations , not too many places you'd get that oppertuinity , more karma in post :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back