turn off cell

harrry

Sunday Drivers
Got car remapped 3 months ago now want to get the cell turned off have the resistor and computer to do it which plug do i unplug under the bonnet does anyone have pictures

I thought when the car is remapped that it can be turned off by the mapper. All he has to do is increase the parameters of the gas flow and temps as far as i know.

I see what your saying, the ECU throws up the cel because it detects that a sensor has been removed. So by putting in in the resistor you can trick the ECU into thinking that it is still there.
Now just so ya know, I have no practical experience with Imprezas so this is all theory :tongue:

I had a quick look on scoobynet and it looks like this is caused by the removal of the exhaust gas temp sensor on the up pipe/joint pipe.
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/715267-egt-sensor-cel.html?showfull=1
Can't find any pics but I've attached files below that show it's location.
I think there's only 2 wires going to that sensor so if you connect the resistor across them then reset the ECU that might do the trick.
Hope this is useful to you! :thumbsup:

[quote author=johnjoe link=topic=11936.msg144275#msg144275 date=1231951951]
I see what your saying, the ECU throws up the cel because it detects that a sensor has been removed. So by putting in in the resistor you can trick the ECU into thinking that it is still there.
Now just so ya know, I have no practical experience with Imprezas so this is all theory :tongue:

I had a quick look on scoobynet and it looks like this is caused by the removal of the exhaust gas temp sensor on the up pipe/joint pipe.
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/715267-egt-sensor-cel.html?showfull=1
Can't find any pics but I've attached files below that show it's location.
I think there's only 2 wires going to that sensor so if you connect the resistor across them then reset the ECU that might do the trick.
Hope this is useful to you! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Johnjoe is absolutely right. I had the same problem with my MY 2003 Blobeye WRX SL. Once the EGT sensor is removed from the up pipe the ECU reads a fault which causes the CEL to illuminate. YOu can't turn the CEL off even with an ECU TEK remap until you put a resistor across the terminals where the removed EGT sensor used to plug into the wiring loom going to the ecu. This is located beside the drivers side suspension turret. You might see the old EGT sensor tied off there with some clips.

Put one of the little arms of the sensor ito each side of the socket and tape it down. Once you reset your ECU the CEL light will go out provided the mapper had programmed it to go out when you got the remap.

Frawls

Sometimes one fault code can trigger a number other fault codes so maybe the EGT fault code is causing it to trigger the heater fault code.

If you haven't already done so, then clear all the fault codes, switch the car off completely and then start her up again.

Hopefully that will do it.

Frawls

I think that's something to do with the rear oxygen sensor in the centre section.
Is that still in place or was it removed? :ponder2:
Reset the ecu again to see if it comes back. See the attached files for more info.

Back