Turbo Timer

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hello Everybody I have a HKS Turbo Timer and I need a full wiring loom to use it as a spedo as well as a Turbo Timer for my Legacy GT Turbo 04 I think it was brought in from Japan any idea where I could get the correct loom Many Thanks John Lewis.

You could try richie in Proparts as he does HKS I think and might be able to order the part for you. Other then that see if there is a HKS home site. Get their contact number and give them a ring and order it.

some turbo timers will interfere with certain alarm systems ie you can not arm the alarm until the engine turns off. Clifford alarms have an add on of a turbo timer

yea i got a turbo timer put onto my legacy and i got an alarm put on it you cant even lock the doors when you get out as it will open them again when your gone away from the car !!!

In my opinion turbo timers are not needed. As in if you've just driven really hard then leave idle for a while..

The main reason i don't like turbo timers is in an event of a crash and you turn key say but keeps running and pumping fuel etc leading to possible fire ...... And you might not be able to turn off..........

i mainly use mine for warming the car up in the mornin and in the evening before i leave work work. i start the car and have it set for 5 mins and lock the door with the key leavin the alarm off

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=11828.msg143549#msg143549 date=1231809862]

The main reason i don't like turbo timers is in an event of a crash and you turn key say but keeps running and pumping fuel etc leading to possible fire ...... And you might not be able to turn off..........
[/quote]

not with the Clifford alarm built in turbo timer. To activate it you press a certain button on the key fob before removing the key so you can choose to have it on the timer or not at all once the key is removed.

i think Dave is referring to the aftermarket turbo timers form the likes of HKS etc, these are always stay on everytime you get out of the car, and i dont think they have an option to be on or off like the Clifford turbo timer

Had a blitz one in the last car, you had to press a button if you wanted the timer to stay on, when you turned the key to off the engine would stop.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=11828.msg144498#msg144498 date=1231972966]
i think Dave is referring to the aftermarket turbo timers form the likes of HKS etc, these are always stay on everytime you get out of the car, and i dont think they have an option to be on or off like the Clifford turbo timer
[/quote]

ah my bad, sorry Dave.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=11828.msg144507#msg144507 date=1231974573]
Had a blitz one in the last car, you had to press a button if you wanted the timer to stay on, when you turned the key to off the engine would stop.
[/quote]

not seen one you press button first.

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=11828.msg144890#msg144890 date=1232094013]
[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=11828.msg144507#msg144507 date=1231974573]
[/quote]

[/quote]

How did you change your responce and it doesnt come up that it has been edited?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=11828.msg144891#msg144891 date=1232094163]
[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=11828.msg144890#msg144890 date=1232094013]
[/quote]

[/quote]

How did you change your responce and it doesnt come up that it has been edited?
[/quote]

He had 2 posts a minute ago, I can only imagine he was able to delete a post. Might be a trader benefit :ponder2:

Back