Legacy idle up and down

mark_2104

Sunday Drivers
Well, went to see what i hope to be my next car. But few things i wana ask first. Steering seemd very light on the 99 legacy b4 but read something about it been an electrial assisted or something or other?? Also when it was ticking over revs went up and down a good but never ticked over same is this normal?? Im getting a mechanic out to luck at it tomorrow but jst wanted to ask ppl that actually owned one

The steering is very light in them compared to the Imprezas but not in a bad way! As for the revs hunting I'd say the MAF sensor is fooked.

[quote author=Scoobyke link=topic=11795.msg141775#msg141775 date=1231358913]
As above sounds like MAF........ :thumbsup:
[/quote]
x2 :thumbsup:

what about the idle control valve???? im pretty sure the leggys have these and they control the air goin into the engine on idle at tiny ammounts . i know citroen and peugot suffer from probs with them so might be worth looking into

i had same prob on my teg try taking it apart and given it a good clean out .........teg worked fine after that. :thumbsup:

Yes Mark Very easy to replace, it simply clicks in and out, only a 30 sec job
but ....................they are pricey . I don't know legacy prices but i persume your talking
the same money as an impreza anywhere from €200 - €300 depending on year/model

Do you know where it is on a Legacy ? if so, as the lads said ,take it out dust it off etc.....
might save ya a few quid.

Niall.

i have a leggy maf here. its the one with the diamond shape with the two torc screws that hold it in just before the airbox. part no 22794aa010.
if thats the one yer lookin for ye can have it

well lads, put a deposit on this car yesterday and the fella in the garage says he'll have it running 100%for me when i collect it! Cant wait to pick it up now. At the moment I'm driving a levin so as most people its a fair jump

Back