Rally Ireland Line Up

Well this may seem like a stupid question but is anyone going that weekend???????????????????
Wondering does anyone know where to stay up around there

ye its mad atkinson gone to citroen, and ford dropped 3 drivers, and only 2 teams really, ford and citroen, and ye there is a list of people going up, go to members section

its the begining of the end for the WRC really.. 2 full teams .. says it all really

this is a load of balls two poxy teams says it all really think its spelling the end of the wrc as we know it :angry1:

New regulations for S2000 had ruined the WRC anyway, Subaru pulling out just means it happens a year earlier.

God help us all with Eamonn Boland being the number 1 contender in Subaru. I'm sure some will disagree with me on here as he is the current tarmac champion but he is far from the best driver out there. Most money maybe & that has helped him buy the best car available & biggest service crew.

Ya its a tough line up, and this is atkinsons only line up for a drive this year, he has nothing else!!!!!!!
But on the plus the jWrc is there, so bound too see an impact or two. :thumbsup: Look on the bright side lads, Last Wrc year, make it memorable. :653:

Heading too galway on 16th 17th 18th. Such a line up for that rally.Well over a hundred entered, 4 more wrc's have entered, Plus all the plant of the Mark 2. :dance:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=11756.msg141487#msg141487 date=1231319737]
God help us all with Eamonn Boland being the number 1 contender in Subaru. I'm sure some will disagree with me on here as he is the current tarmac champion but he is far from the best driver out there. Most money maybe & that has helped him buy the best car available & biggest service crew.
[/quote]

ya have to agree with that there are alot of better drivers out there.. if E Donnelly had what he had it would be very different.. even if Nesbit had it but he's not done too many rallys lately.. no Chris Meeke in it either

agree with you on that brian and gerry the only reason boland is up there is because of the backing he has a hell of a lot more talented drivers out there that havent got the cash

Lads I heard from a reliable source that quite a lot of the Irish WRC drivers "entered" will not actually be driving at all. They were asked to put their names down to boost the entry list. When they are required to actually hand over the entry fee they will withdraw their entry! The real number of entrants is far smaller than that official list.

The entry list for Galway on the other hand looks great. I would love to go to both but think I'll go to Galway instead. Better craic in Galway City at night anyway but the traffic jams heading back to Galway last year were a nightmare.

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=11756.msg141663#msg141663 date=1231348396]
Lads I heard from a reliable source that quite a lot of the Irish WRC drivers "entered" will not actually be driving at all. They were asked to put their names down to boost the entry list. When they are required to actually hand over the entry fee they will withdraw their entry! The real number of entrants is far smaller than that official list.

The entry list for Galway on the other hand looks great. I would love to go to both but think I'll go to Galway instead. Better craic in Galway City at night anyway but the traffic jams heading back to Galway last year were a nightmare.

Frawls
[/quote]

is the entry fee huge for the WRC or whats the reason more irish didn't enter.. good few british driver not in it either

The entry fee is 5,000 per car! Then you have the cost of running a car for this event which for a WRC car would be around 20K. A lot of the Irish WRC drivers are builders or hauliers and like everyone else money is tight at the moment so a lot of them are giving up their rich boys' toys.

Anyway, the switch to Super 2000 cars in 2010 will mean the end of the WRC cars which will be a shame as there is nothing like the sound and speed of an S12 at full throttle, well apart from the old school Classic WRC cars (not as fast but by far the best sounding of all the rally cars this side of a Group B Audi Quattro).

Frawls

Hadn't heard this at all Frawls but on the basis of knowing where that "insider" info came from I'm sure this is spot on.

On top of the entry fees any drivers entered must use the FIA regulated fuel, which is crazy money, something like 8e a litre.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=11756.msg142019#msg142019 date=1231423671]
Hadn't heard this at all Frawls but on the basis of knowing where that "insider" info came from I'm sure this is spot on.

On top of the entry fees any drivers entered must use the FIA regulated fuel, which is crazy money, something like 8e a litre.
[/quote]
Brian, my "informant" is never wrong about these things. As you probably know by now he doesn't mince his words and his favorite phrases are "dont even think about bringing that shed into my garage" and "Hear that, it's going to need a new engine..........only kidding"!

Frawls

Back