intercooler removal

northdublin

Petrolheads
right lads....on saturday while servicing the b4 i noticed a little bit of oil under the intercooler above the dipstick for the gearbox. to even begin to find the source i have to remove the intercooler. from what ive read its a trickey job so is there anything i need to look out for and does anyone know a possible source for the leak. there is no oil on the ground so it cant be that bad and ive not noticed any smell of buring oil in the car so its not hitting the exhaust or the heatsheilds.
i would like to bring it to a garage but its my daily driver and im smashed so ill have a butchers myself first

Gimme a shout and i'll give you a hand... I've taken mine off plenty of times now so well used to it... I'm only 5 mins up the road from you so its no hassle...

The only tricky part is getting it back on, which can slip on in 2 seconds or take you an hour depending on how its feeling at the time... The only problem i had getting it off the first time was getting at the jubilee clips cause whoever had it off before put them on the wrong way round... If you want a hand, just let me know

Ah Karma for you rob,always willing to lend a hand :thumbsup: speaking of which i'm gonna need your help in takin off mine so i can finally replace that knock sensor :lol:

i'd a nitemare taking my intercooler off to replace the knock sensor. Took about 7 hours altogether. The pipes wouldnt go back together for me. Good luck with it.

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=11733.msg140966#msg140966 date=1231188416]
Ah Karma for you rob,always willing to lend a hand :thumbsup: speaking of which i'm gonna need your help in takin off mine so i can finally replace that knock sensor :lol:
[/quote]

Gimme a shout man whenever, I still have to give you that turbo back... Will only take 15mins to get it off, and should be much easier to get it back on with 2 people... Longest its taken me was an hour on my own... You just need to lube her up with some vageline and she'll fit like a glove..

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=11733.msg140925#msg140925 date=1231180709]
Gimme a shout and i'll give you a hand... I've taken mine off plenty of times now so well used to it... I'm only 5 mins up the road from you so its no hassle...

The only tricky part is getting it back on, which can slip on in 2 seconds or take you an hour depending on how its feeling at the time... The only problem i had getting it off the first time was getting at the jubilee clips cause whoever had it off before put them on the wrong way round... If you want a hand, just let me know
[/quote]
cheers lad....ill give ye a shout if i get stuck....... :thumbsup:

Back