Getting car mapped?

collieno

Petrolheads
My scooby isint mapped yet and i have been thinking about getting it mapped. Who would you recommend to do it? And using what ecu?

My car is a V4 WRX Type R with a 3" HKS exhaust, decat(not fitted yet), panel filter and STI turbo. Standard apart from that.

Any opinions welcome,
Thanks

Depening on what ur plans for the car is down the line if ur planing more mods get an aftermarket ecu if not an ecutec map of ur standard ecu for irish feul would b fine try eastcoastcustoms in lisburn 00442892666555 they can supply you with an aftermarket ecu or map your own and fit set up ect.

ring damo at streetperformance there is a load of different ecu to choose from i think damo has mapping dates coming up in febuary, get it mapped asap, take it handy until then here is info on simtek ecu :thumbsup:

The SimTek is a full Plug and Play MAP Based ECU for 1993 - 2006 Impreza and has excellent features complete idle control , Antilag , Launch Control , Full Closed Loop Boost Bontrol , Water Injection Control Switchable Maps for different Fuels or hi low boost , full charge temp compensation and the list goes on and on. This system will out perform many of its competitors which are at least twice the price in both functions and control.

Future Developments will include a small display device similar to the Apexi Commander.

The knock Detection Circuit is fully digital processing and indicates which cylinder is Detting, and rather than having to pull the timing and fueling across the board the SimTec can trim each cylinder for timing and fuel individually.

Flashes CEL light for Knock.

Full plug and play unit which allows you to discard the MAF.
3D boost map means the likes of the ACV-R Boost Controllers are made redundant with the SimTek as there is No Requirement for seperate Electronic Boost Control.

Cant fault Davelegacy's (stituning) mapper Bob Rawle. Always dates coming up. Never heard anything but great things, do a search on here or give him a ring and he will be only happy to go through the best options to suit you.

Is Davelegacy (STI Tuning) the only one stop shop??
ie. Supply, Fit and Mapping??
He's fitting GTspec headers (unequal length of course) and a bit more heat shielding, to my car on friday and mapping on saturday! :clap:
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=11711.msg140691#msg140691 date=1231104609]
Is Davelegacy (STI Tuning) the only one stop shop??
ie. Supply, Fit and Mapping??
[/quote]

Eh, NO!!, he's not... Couture Auto and ECC "supply, fit & map" as you put it (dunno if ali burrows map as well??)... They are also traders on here... Damo at Street Performance will supply parts and organise mapping and there are plenty of Traders like Ciaran at ASD, Johnny at JOMO, that will fit the parts for you... There is more than one trader on this site...

AH Yes CDA, Never even thought of ECC :doh:
What a silly comment! :icon_redface:
Dan

I know all of Jomo's cars go to martin!
As far as I know martin does all his own work but only builds engines and maps for others!
Dan

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=11711.msg140715#msg140715 date=1231110084]

Eh, NO!!, he's not... Couture Auto and ECC "supply, fit & map" as you put it (dunno if ali burrows map as well??)... They are also traders on here... Damo at Street Performance will supply parts and organise mapping and there are plenty of Traders like Ciaran at ASD, Johnny at JOMO, that will fit the parts for you... There is more than one trader on this site...
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Dan you asked for that :1poke: :icon_grin:

There is another place out past blanch called tti engineering they do motec(think he has other ecu's out there) and set up all the rally stuff he has a dyno out there that bolts to the hubs ans has a parts shop.
Also dynos bikes.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=11711.msg140769#msg140769 date=1231144039]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=11711.msg140715#msg140715 date=1231110084]

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Dan you asked for that :1poke: :icon_grin:
[/quote]

Head was up my arse when I wrote that! Falling asleep on the couch with laptop on my lap!
Dan

Ah sure we all know its from lack of sleep, you must be like a child at christmas waiting to have your baby remapped, have you slept at all in the last week? :whistle:

Please correct me if im wrong, but i dont think you can ecutek map a V4 car.
I think only V5 onwards as when i got my car mapped by Pat Herbourne through Street performance.ie(Renno) he was anxious to know my car was a V5 not V4 to save me the journey down to get mapped.

Yeah a simtek ecu including map, not sure of cost.
Just ecutek map of existing ecu only available on V5 onwards i think :thumbsup:

How much would this cost? for example: you buy a standard leggy or impreza and just want to get it mapped for irish fuel what would that set you back or is it a waste of money and just wait till you buy a few aftermarket bits and pieces and then et it mapped?

You can get it ecutek mapped straight away for our fuel and then tweak mapped after any mods, a tweak map cost less than half the price of original map because you already payed for the license etc..

Back