Bottom end rebuild

A

adamaca

Hey Lads first post! The bottom end on my 96 sti3 is starting to rattle, so needs a rebuild. Im just wondering what my options are, Im not sure what caused it I was just driving to work one morning, wasnt even driving hard!
Im happy enough with it stock, I just want reliability I'm planning to use it as a daily driver and will put up reasonably high mileage, 15k a year maybe.
I need someone to do the work and need it done soon.
So basically I'm just wondering what caused it car onlly had 90k klms, do i need a new engine can I polish the crank? and how much is it likely to cost me?

Any advice would be welcome!

Cheers

Talk to dave in STI tuning, he done my rebuild and i'm delighted with it :thumbsup:

Do you have the car long??

Was it re mapped for irish fuel??

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=11700.msg140375#msg140375 date=1231002891]
Im guessing it wasnt mapped.
[/quote]

Agreed, seeing as he's happy enough with stock.

But mapped cars fail also, talking from experience :wall:

I've heard Ali Burrows are very good as well and with the price of sterling, you might get a very good price...

Eastcoastcustoms do excellent work and offer 12mts warrenty with all their work they built and fitted and mapped my car with excellent results they are on here as traders and would be happy to answer any questions you have speak to john or davy and they will see you right.

Cheers lads Ill give him a shout monday. No I never got it mapped I used to just run it on E5, I thought that woulda been enough! Obviously not. I never heard any pinking beforehand, I was just driving down the dueler and then it started rattling.

markobucko, you're thinking of the SAFC2 which is a fuel controller but also has a knock sensor reading. The AVCR is just a boost controller.

give dave in sti tuning a bell , got my rebuild done by him and his work excellent :thumbsup:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=11700.msg140575#msg140575 date=1231082594]
markobucko, you're thinking of the SAFC2 which is a fuel controller but also has a knock sensor reading. The AVCR is just a boost controller.
[/quote]

cheers andy!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=JPtypeRA link=topic=11700.msg140676#msg140676 date=1231100713]
give dave in sti tuning a bell , got my rebuild done by him and his work excellent :thumbsup:
[/quote]

As above,
I've just gotten a big build done with 2.5 forged motor and Big GT30 turbo, He mapping it next saturday! :dance:
He's a good lad!
Dan

I agree worth giving Ali Burrows a ring and see what he reckons :thumbsup:

Back