motul oil

northdublin

Petrolheads
im looking for motul oil to service the car tomorrow. i have two litres of 15w50 so im looking for 4 more litres of the same.

Leaving it late :lol:

Dave is out your way, I'm sure he has motul in stock.

If not try Damo (renno) he'll have some for sure.

thanks brian i sent dave a text. where abouts is he roughly..........i thought he was way over on the southside

Think hes out ashourne or clonee way. Have a look at traders section.New address on there

:smokin:

Sorry yeah he's out towards Clonee now I believe, would still be a bit of a spin for you

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=11680.msg140211#msg140211 date=1230933165]
if you can wait a week, order it off opie oils
[/quote]

thats where i got mine just before christmas!!!
cheap as well
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks for the replies lads. i have a baby free day tomorrow so im looking to do a few things including the oil change, i might just have to get a differant brand. i was looking for motul cause i have a 2 litre can of it here left over from the last oil change. ill try a few placesin the mornin and if i cant get the motul what would ye recomend

Dave lives in Clonee and works in Dunshauklin,
Motul is supposed to be the best,
I have also used castrol Edge in the skyline, for a long time, with no issues!
Dan

yeah went for castrol in the end. ill organise some motul for the next time. just finished changing the oil. had a look at the solinoid box with the intention of cleaning them but its hard to know what to clean.

no disrespect man but my advice would be not to mess with stuff that your not sure what its does!!!!
a simple removal of a vacuum pipe could go wrong if the nipple( :wazzup:) breaks off or sh1t like that....
just be careful!!!

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=11680.msg140295#msg140295 date=1230985881]
no disrespect man but my advice would be not to mess with stuff that your not sure what its does!!!!
a simple removal of a vacuum pipe could go wrong if the nipple( :wazzup:) breaks off or sh1t like that....
just be careful!!!
[/quote]
aye i know what you mean...i completly agree with your point and that advice should apply to a lot of ppl but not me im afraid :hammerhead: i like gettin my hands dirty and learing new things, even if its the hard way.
the engine in the b4 is one of the most mind boggling pieces of engineering ive ever come across and im tryin to learn about it bit by bit. i had the solinoid box off to see if i could understand why it would be of benefit to clean them. it would be great if one of the more experienced members could write up a tutorial on such things and make them a sticky in the tech section.

not sure what the solenoid box is or why cleaning it would help????
:ponder2: :ponder2:
i agree with ya on the legacy b4 engine.....fansinating how its works!!!

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=11680.msg140342#msg140342 date=1230996877]
not sure what the solenoid box is or why cleaning it would help????
:ponder2: :ponder2:
i agree with ya on the legacy b4 engine.....fansinating how its works!!!

[/quote]
its a metal cover bolted to the engine bay in front of the shock mount with lots of vacum pipes going into it where they are connected to solinoids which look like they are electronic switches controled by a vacum or the other way around. :ponder2: gunk from the engine can clog them up via the vacum pipes and effect there performance....aparently.
ive asked previously on here about how to clean and maintain them but got no reply. :hammerhead:

Back