possible boost cut?

deco c

Middle Lane Hogs
howdy,as many of you know i bought yogis wagon and are familiar with the spec..car is going great apart from what i think is a bit of boost cut..it has an apexi avcr and apexi ecu with hand controller..im not too familiar with either as there are no manuals or anything but on the avcr on the graph boost display it shows the boost curve and theres a line above that..i presume thats where the boost limit is set too? it seems to be going above the line when on full boost and in doing so shes missing and cutting off the boost..

can anyone shed any light as to why this might be happening? could it be a setting on either avcr or ecu or is it something else?

any suggestions or help welcome :thumbsup:

cheers andy..theyre handy to have..id be wary enough messing with settings on them..its just a bit strange because the car was already remapped by bob rawle and everything set up so i dont see how id have to change the settings again.

The very cold weather we are having could be affecting the map and causing the boost spike?

possibly..shes spiking mainly in 3rd gear on..it might just need to be re setup..the car is overdue a service anyway so il probably just get everything set up again on it..its just a bit headwrecking when it happens :wall:

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=11667.msg139914#msg139914 date=1230831689]
Do you get a CEL with the missfire??
[/quote]

not that i seen..would this come up on the avcr or power fc hand controller?

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=11667.msg139917#msg139917 date=1230832094]
Have you checked the knock reading on the hand controller??
[/quote]

no mate..yogi went through the hand controller with me for a minute when i bought the car but i havent really got an idea how it works..how would i know if shes knocking?

your CEL would come on if its knocking...at least thats how my hand controller was set up on my old Impreza.

Dont know if this has any relavance...

But when i had my car mapped i had the same sorta thing,felt like she was loosing boost and kinda like your explaining,Andy said to check the spark plug gaps,if they are set at 7,reset them to 6,as the boost could be that strong that it blows the spark out for a split second....
Ever since i changed the plug gaps all is fine..... :dontknow: :dontknow:

think my best bet is to get the car in and serviced for a start and let the pros at it lol

cheers lads

The check engine light will flash on the dash if there is excessive knock. I had the hand controller monitoring knock when I sold it to you. Did you change it from that?

Sounds like its over boosting and fuel cutting.. not sure if this can be done but is it possible that the ecu has the boost level set to for talks sake 1bar and the avcr is turned up to 1.3 and ecu is fuel cutting???

Back