electrics, stereo

stevemcqueen

Sunday Drivers
Lads, one day my stereo is working, next day its not,
it looks like its playing the tracks, i can flick through my artist on my ipod, and i can see the tracks playing but looks like something has come loose, speakers aren't responding, anyone point me in the right direction.
Cheers
Brian

Could be a loose wire or dodgy connection in behind have you taken out the stereo and had a look? Does your stereo have a mute button that doesnt work?

mate, i haven't taken it out, im useless when it comes to that stuff, id probably electricute myself into next week. :icon_grin:
ill have a look this evening.

On a stereo i had once there as a wire for hooking up steering wheel controls (which i hadnt got) and when that touched metal it muted the sound, if you have an aftermarket head unit it could be that simple :dontknow:

if the stereo hanst been removed recently its probably not a loose connection and may be the stereo itself. i would eliminate a posible problem with the loom first by checking to see if its tight, after that ied check the wiring, in perticular the speaker cables making sure none of them have gone to ground or any of the other cables like the phone mute are not grounding. failing all that ied suggest temp fitting a stereo to see if it sorts it :thumbsup:

You never called over and i have my new set of trim removal tools all ready to go, cool pressie or what

ah mate i know, it was a case of the days i could of, i was too hungover but its still not working, im heading over to Glasgow tonight ffor the weekend but ill defo hook up with you next week, hopefully the following weekend might suit you????
Cheers mate, i appreciate it

Back