upgrading parts

scoobyjoe2007

Petrolheads
lads in next few weeks i plan on upgrading the turbo on my car, getting a de-cat pipe,induction kit and a few other bits......... its a uk classic turbo

was wondering what brands would be best and if ye know roughly what kind of bhp it would gain

also if anyone has other ideas throw them up

thanks in advance

There is a lot of work involved in upgrading the turbo as in its not that ya can just go out and buy a new turbo and stick her on. The fuel system needs to be upgraded for starters, pump, injectors, bout €800 for them.

How much power do ya want?

If ya check out this link http://www.flat4online.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cName=impreza-9200-power-packs-sti-gc8 it will give ya a good idea of power expectancies, prices, parts needed etc.

I'm not sure of the capabilities of a uk turbo engine either. Ya might need an STi block but I could be totally wrong there. You may need to upgrade some components of the car. Others on here will tell ya exactly...

One thing I will tell you for certain is that modifying for higher power is very addictive and very expensive!! You will easily spend over the current valu of your car on upgrades if you are not careful. Write down what you want to achieve and stick to that as best ya can.

Hope that helps somewhat...

hey joe, i agree with max on some bits of his post, it is a dicktive :icon_grin: and expensive.

i think, but i could be wrong a uk turbo is similer to a jap wrx :ponder2:
find out what power your engine can handle and work from there.

what is done to your car already?

and if you break it, il take the samcos :multijump:

Well scoobyjoe,i have a 00 gt same engine as yours,and its putting out some decent power,i have up rated turbo fmic and some other bits,so your block is well capable of handling the power,besides if am not mistaken you have Alans old car,which was well looked after and you should have no worries bout.
As you said stick in a new turbo, 18g
de-cat,fuel reg,fuel pump,and decent panel filter,with a remap you should get bout 270,280 bhp..... :thumbsup:

Back