Kris Meeke

goldenjohn

Octane Boostaholics
Kris joins Peugeot UK
16th December 2008

2009irc.jpg

Kris Meeke & Paul Nagle join Peugeot UK for 2009 IRC

Peugeot UK today confirmed their intention to field a Peugeot 207 S 2000 driven by Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle in next year’s IRC rally championship.

Peugeot UK have teamed up with Kronos Racing to prepare and support a Peugeot 207 S 2000 in next year’s Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC).

The IRC Challenge will be contested over twelve rounds starting with the legendary Monte Carlo Rally in January and finishing in November with the RAC MSA Rally of Scotland.

Driving the Peugeot UK car will be Kris Meeke who, has previously driven for Kronos, when he was third overall in the Junior World Rally Championship in 2005. Kris, previous winner of the British Super 1600 and British Junior championship, will be co-driven by Paul Nagle.

The Peugeot 207 S 2000 has already become the car to beat in the IRC challenge where it has secured the manufacturers and driver’s championship, in both 2007 and 2008.

Kris Meeke “This is an incredible opportunity for both myself and Paul! It brings my career somewhat full circle, as my first introduction to rally was through a Peugeot UK supported competition in 2000. Some awesome and diverse challenges lie ahead in the 2009 IRC, but I can rest assured that with the championship winning pedigree of Peugeot and Kronos, I will have the best opportunity in order to prove my abilities in the coming season!”

Pierre Louis Colin (Managing Director Peugeot UK) “I very pleased we have been able to enter next years IRC championship with Kris. Rallying is in the blood of Peugeot and it is a good demonstration of the dynamism of Peugeot cars, especially the 207. We know we have a winning car, and in Kris and Paul we also have a winning team. In these difficult times it is important that you make sound commercial decisions but it is also important to communicate to your customers in a positive way your brand and your commitment to it”

What event are in the 2009 IRC?

21-24 January Monaco Monte Carlo Rally
5-7 March Brazil Rally Internacional de Curitiba
3-4 April Kenya Safari Rally*
7-9 May Portugal Sata Rally Acores
18-20 June Belgium Ypres Westhoek Rally
9-11 July Russia Rally Russia
30 July-1 August Madeira Rali Vinho Madeira
21-23 August Czech Republic Barum Rally Zlin
10-12 September Spain Rally Principe de Asturias#
24-26 September Italy Rally Sanremo
22-24 October Japan Rally Japan
19-21 November UK RAC MSA Rally of Scotland

Sweet, he is some prospect and ive been saying he deserves a break for ages. i would have loved to see him at the race of champions instead of McHale

Awh ya he's far ahead as far as i'm concerned, like take last year for example at rally ireland, untill he crashed out he was faster than loeb, he's definately one of the best drivers out there at the minute and i agree he's had it tough for the drives over the past while and deserves the break he has gotten. :thumbsup:

At least dats 1 bit of good news 2day.. :clap: Hope he does enter Rally Ireland as wud luv 2 c him take on Loeb and da rest in a WRC car again...:pray:

He is, I think that he is in a A8, He got a Private drive in one but i dont know who with. But It'l be good too see how far up he can keep if he keeps it on the black stuff this year.

Anyone see him absolutely mangle a MK2 in the McRae tribute rally? i think he did it out of pure respect. :lol: :lol:

He would leave any irish driver for dead with equal machinery :icon_pray:

fairplay to him he deserves a fulltime drive....seen him on a few rallys over the last few years he,s a proper driver, but when i seen him at last years killarney historics drifting the mark2 down the healy pass it was unreal car control.....and it was p**sing rain aswell :icon_headbang:

Kris Meek is an absolute legend of a driver and is much loved in the rallying world!he deserves this oppertunity to show whats he's made of!
Fair play to him :049:

this was expected. its great news. good luck to the young man, hopefully this will give him the proper foot in the door he needs

nice one for the lad to be finally given a chance although he should have been given a chance long ago but subaru took atkinson over him but happy days finally

It is a propper break and if the wrc heads the way its going, he'l have a good years experience in the s2000 class, And could be some very good prospects for next year, still a pity we haven't seen him in the top class though because in all fairness, as far as i'm concerned, he is far ahead of some of the boys doing it, his down fall though is that he doesn't have regular drive on ice, but he's as fast on the dirt as he is on the tar, just look at how he does in the buggy's, or in the croft 150 rx, He's won a few in that just back too aug '08. it made no sense that time with atkinson getting the drive over him, Fair play i say too mc Rae's Protajay, :lol: (How do ya spell that) :lol:

I'm delighted to hear this, he's an amazing pilot. It must've been some sickener for E. Donnelly to watch him pilot his old scooby so well. He definitely should've got the subaru drive.

the only reason eugene still isnt in that car is money :thumbsup:

Back