6 Point roll cage for classic estate.

Yogi

Petrolheads
Quick question for ye lads. Do the above exist?
Have a 96 estate and hoping to put in a 6 point (preferably bolt in) cage, and lose the back seat. Looking for one with a bolt in rear cross, door struts and a stifening strut that passes behing the front seats.

Any suggestions on where they are available? I know there are lots for the saloons but are they available for the estates?

Cheers,
Graham

But they wouldn't go all the way back to the boot door of the wagon... Will get a saloon on if the wagon cages don't exist but I'd like to get one that will go all the way back.

They'll stop over the back seat and run down to the rear arches.

Has anyone bought a cage for an Impreza before? Who would you recommend. I bought a Wiechers cage for the BMW e30 track car that I part own. It has a great finish but it was pretty expensive as it came through a big shop over here(not mentioning names..)

Do a serch on Scoobynet, Puff the magic Wagon had a cage in his wagon. And they ARE different to the saloon.
Cheers
John

I personally don't like, and would never have a cage in a road car. Imagine going out through a hedge, and rolling the car. It will smash your skull to bits. It's Ok it a track car as you will be wearing a helmut. Sorry, I don't mean to put you off, but it's something you should think about,

John

[quote author=johnny99 link=topic=1268.msg10679#msg10679 date=1169070319]
I personally don't like, and would never have a cage in a road car. Imagine going out through a hedge, and rolling the car. It will smash your skull to bits. It's Ok it a track car as you will be wearing a helmut. Sorry, I don't mean to put you off, but it's something you should think about,

John
[/quote]

I see where you're coming from alright. If you do roll your car though, if you don't have a roll cage you could end up with your shoulders touching your knees. With one I do accept that you'll give your head a fair thump, but you could also just as easily hit your head off the B-pillar. With the propper padding on the cage, 3" harnesses and good buckets with wrap around head guards I think you'd be alright.
Have Cobra Evo seats (good head wrap around) in the track car with 3" harnesses and you can't get your head in contact with the cage.
A roll cage really stiffens a car up too.

Sure the above one in that legacy wagon is outta a saloon. As you can see it goes from centre of roof back to beside strut. no where in the boot. And the big red bulkhead was made because wagons don't have a solid bulkhead like a saloon..............

Back