FIA set to announce Super 2000 future for WRC

doggy

ISDC Club Member
The FIA look set to announce tomorrow that future WRC cars will be based on Super 2000 only rather than having the option of a kit to add to a Group N car. This will force Subaru to homologate a S2000 car in order to be allowed compete, rather than bolt on a kit to the Impreza Grp N car...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72436

its been heading down this road for a while to try and controll thee spiraling cost of it, there trying to avoid a simular situation to what has happened in f1

i personally would have feck all interest in screaming fwd cars,

and good news is that meeke with a good chance of getting a drive in a kronus peugeot !! get in lad

Groub B to this in a few years, what next :dontknow: Mat this reate we will be watching bicycle racing soon :doh:

i wouldn't watch that S2000's if it passed my door. :snooty:

ya thats the end of it lads.. and to think subaru chnaged the new impreza to a shorter wheel base to compete with the citreons and fords and the this is going to happen.. they killed the impeza in the process ... I mean a privateer in the old sti was quicker than the new impreza in rally GB... well untill he crashed out

Are they going to allow turbos or not :ponder2:
Was following this story on Autosport too, but couldn't believe they'd actually go ahead with it. :wall:
Sounds like a major step backwards... :doh:
What's going on with the FIA? Strangling the sports to death with all the stupid rules and restrictions.
IMO the premier classes should display cutting edge technology and engineering whatever the expense.
Maybe Subaru will switch to touring cars after this :dontknow:

Loeb said he will seriously consider F1 in 2010 if these S2000s come in, they will ruin the sport, the only upside to them is that it will give Meeke and Keith Cronin the chance to compete in the WRC and rally against the best.

[quote author=johnl link=topic=11363.msg136240#msg136240 date=1229105996]
Loeb said he will seriously consider F1 in 2010 if these S2000s come in, they will ruin the sport, the only upside to them is that it will give Meeke and Keith Cronin the chance to compete in the WRC and rally against the best.
[/quote]

The best of what though... there'll be no one left as most of the top dvivers I'm sure aren't gonna sign up to this... I suppose they don't have much choose though!!!1 A-holes!! :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

just wondering how the new breed of rallying will compare with the old , how much bhp/trq would the s2000 cars compared to the bhp/trq of wrc or even group n cars ?

anyone know ?????

Have a look here mac mac.

BHP not far off WRC machines but torque is the killer, thats the figure that makes our 300bhp Imprezas so much shower than the 300bhp WRC cars.

www.s2000rally.com

@ sti brian , where am i supposed to be lookin

yeah i think wrc are close to a thousand trq , dunno bout the others , jus lookin rough figures to compare :thumbsup:

http://www.s2000rally.com/proton-s2000.php

This looks like one of the most powerful S2000 cars so far with 280 bhp @ 7,800 rpms and 271 ib/ft of torque @ 7,000 rmps. Not bad torque for a 2,000 cc N/A engine but very high up the rev range. These engines are similar to touring cars but mapped with emphasis on torque rather than BHP.

The fact that they are (relatively) cheap to make would mean lots of teams could enter making for some real competition. Subaru could homologate its forthcoming Toyotaru 2 door coupe which will is rumoured will come in base spec with a RWD 2.0 190 bhp n/a engine. The only problem is that Subaru haven't even begun making an S2000 car so the jury's out whether they will even bother.

That are awd with 3 active differentials. By all accounts in dry conditions they are very quick but they will obviously sound like a bag of cats on spin cycle.

Frawls

A local rally driver (Roy White) has an MG S2000 and its a very quick machine. Not a patch on a WRC though, i reckon the whole lot will go tits up in two years. Even Irissh rallying has taken a serious downturn

Back